- 2 Chicken Breasts, Extra Fat Trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. *EASY Homemade Taco Seasoning* (I use my homemade seasoning -- plus a little extra because I LOVE Spicy!!)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 cup Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 cup Salsa, I LOVE Garden Fresh Gourmet Jack's Special Salsa, unless I make it FRESH!)
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper, To Taste
- Romaine Lettuce, washed, rinsed and cut; portioned onto plates set aside for plating
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Monterey Jack or Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Sour Cream
- Greek Yogurt
- Once extra fat is trimmed from chicken breasts, add to slow cooker and sprinkle with taco seasoning, cumin, black beans and freshly ground sea salt & black pepper.
- Turn Slow Cooker to LOW for FOUR hours. (My first making this recipe, I started it cooking on high heat, but definitely recommend LOW hear so the skin doesn't get too tough!)
- Once Chicken Breasts are Fully Cooked (Poultry needs an internal temperature of 165 degrees F!), carefully transfer both breasts to a clean cutting board and shred with two forks, season with a little more salt & pepper (optional!) and return shredded chicken to slow cooker to combine all ingredients!!
I am adding corn next time so I might have to add more seasoning when I do that.