Hands down the BEST slow cooker meal I have made in I don't even know how long honestly!! I am going to mess with the recipe to put together a vegan version!!
What You Need:
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 3 pounds)**
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like to spice things up a bit)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup half & half (or heavy cream)
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Serve over brown rice
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
What You Need To Do:
- In slow cooker add onion, garlic, ginger, tomato puree, yogurt olive oil, Garam Masala, cumin, paprika, salt, cinnamon, pepper, and cayenne. Stir or whisk together until sauce is thoroughly combined.
- Add chicken, and stir will to coated with sauce.
- Add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- During last 20 minutes of cooking, whisk together half & half with cornstarch, and add into crock pot, combining thoroughly. Cover and finish cooking for 20 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, with garnishes of cilantro, if desired.
* *Vegan substitutions can be made with tofu - I still want to experiment with lentils added in!