I decided to go a couple extra miles with this meal to serve it up so I knew every single ingredient!! Homemade Whole Wheat Buns and Sweet Potato Chips! Let me tell you, it was worth EVERY single second .... and hour of it!!
What You Need:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce, not sugar added
- 1/2 cup clean ketchup
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
What You Need To Do:
- Add turkey meat to large pan, and cook over medium heat.
- Once meat is cooked (internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F), add tomato sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, onion powder, green & red bell pepper.
- Stir well to combine, and heat thoroughly.
- Serve on Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns - because they are delicious! Or any store bought clean hamburger buns.
This recipe adapted from thegraciouspantry.com