What You Need:
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 3/4 cup coconut or whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, or dairy butter
- 1 1/2 cups homemade pasta sauce (recipe here)
- 4-6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano or parsley
What You Need To Do:
- Cut excess fat off of chicken breasts, and slice cutlets. Slice breasts horizontally, with the palm of your hand on top. Keep the knife parallel to the cutting board -- Be careful!!
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle flour and lightly coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In large saute or fry pan, heat olive oil or oil/butter combination. Once hot, add chicken cutlets, nicer side down first. Allow to cook until golden brown. The edges will almost be white, turn and cook another minute or two, depending on thickness. Internal temperature needs to reach 165 degrees!
- With the broiler on high, place cooked cutlets on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer. Top with cause and cheese. Broil briefly until cheese melts. Top with fresh herbs and serve.