There are so many different ways to make it - so here is one!
- 1/2 cup Crisco or Butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup or 3 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. Milk or Half & Half
- 1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat or white - or 50/50)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup additions (chocolate chips, walnuts, etc.)
What You Need To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease & flour 8x4 or 9x5 load pan. (If using 8x4, add 10 minutes to baking time.)
- In a Large Bowl, cream softened butter, and sugar together, until light & fluffy. Add the egg, beating well, then stir in milk and mashed bananas. Set aside.
- In a Medium Bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Blend the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir just enough to evenly combine.
- Fold in any additions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes in 8x4 pan, or 55-60 minutes in 9x5, or until toothpick is comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15-20 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.