So growing up and living in East Lansing, Michigan for most of my life, there has always
been a special place in my heart for the Chicken Salad Croissant from Frandor Deli!! I used to leave campus in high school with my friends and pick one up, and all the years since I would make sure I would stop in when I needed a Chicken Salad fix!
The first time I made a batch, I made it with plain greek yogurt and served it on Homemade Whole Wheat bread! And it was AH-MAZING!! This most recent batch I ONLY had vanilla greek yogurt, (which of course I didn't realize until after my chicken was done!), but it turned out FANTASTIC!!
What You Need:
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1-1/2 cups grapes, cut in half
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Greens, such as baby spinach, arugula, mesclun, etc.
- Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
What You Need To Do:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add chicken breasts and boil for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from boiling water and cool completely in refrigerator.
- After the chicken has completely cooled, cut them into large chunks. Mix with the yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, grapes, salt, and pepper.
- Serve on bread or croissants with leafy greens. Or just on a bed of lettuce if you aren't in the mood for a sandwich!