I always try to talk myself into the idea that banana bread is always healthy! I mean, it is made with bananas, right?! Sadly, with a cup of sugar, and a stick of butter, it doesn't exactly count as JUST a serving of fruit!
Here is the recipe I like to use, so I don't feel as bad when I can't stop eating it because there is just something about ooey, gooey chocolate chips fresh out of the oven! Yum!!
I am sometimes too impatient to wait an entire hour for this to bake in the oven, so I will make muffins! Same ingredients and directions, just bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from center!
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce ... or make your own!
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, over ripe, mashed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (50/50 with white flour if you prefer that texture)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
What You Need To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a Medium Bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a Large Bowl, combine applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Combine flour mixture into the banana mixture, until well blended; just until moist.
- Pour into greased loaf pan, bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick come out clean from the center.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, completely cool on wire rack.