- 3 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 2 15-ounce can small white beans or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach or kale leaves
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine vegetable broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic.a
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
3. Just before serving, stir in spinach or kale and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.