Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chili beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of corn, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (use 3 if they're small!)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Toppings of your choice
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
|This is what it should look like before!|
- Make sure you rinse the quinoa and then add everything into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. If you are using frozen chicken, you may have to cook it longer.
- Remove chicken and shred it with two forks. Return to slow cooker. *I like to do this about halfway through so the flavors can soak into the chicken even more!*
- Garnish with any optional toppings and ENJOY!!