Yields 1 Loaf
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Instant Yeast
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 3 - 4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 - 1/2 cup any add-ins (oats, ground flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- Combine yeast, water and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer and let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly and frothy.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour, any add-ins and salt until combined.
- Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until you get a soft dough.
- Using the doug hook, knead for 4 minutes on low, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down dough and transfer to a greased loaf pan. Let rise again until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove loaf and cool completely.